The All-Day Event Features Speakers and Performers Highlighting the Theme of Being Connected
Topics include UFO’s, can we opt out of aging?, making the world happier, cybersecurity, technology trends, and performances about rhythm and communication with dancing, drumming, and singing.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Reseda, CA – TEDxResedaBlvd takes place November 17, 2019 at the historic Airtel Plaza Hotel in Van Nuys, California. The all-day event features a luncheon, speakers and performers, and plenty of opportunities to make new connections in the heart of the San Fernando Valley. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. The program will run from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with a mid-day break for lunch and a networking mixer for attendees after the event.
This is a public TEDx event and early bird tickets are on sale now for $79.00. Regular tickets are $99.00 and go on sale October 3, 2019. Only 100 tickets are available for this TEDx event, making it an intimate and memorable experience.
The theme of TEDxResedaBlvd is CONNECTED. TED and TEDx are renowned for this theme, and it was selected because Reseda Boulevard is a connecting artery in the San Fernando Valley. Reseda Boulevard runs approximately 12 miles from the Santa Monica Mountains to Porter Ranch, passing through the communities of Tarzana, Mulholland Park, Reseda and Northridge.
The Airtel is also a connecting hub. Situated on the property of the Van Nuys airport, the hotel was built for the 1984 Olympics which connected the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles with the entire world.
Speakers and performers include:
- Manoj Arora, CEO of Difenda, cyber security firm in Canada. Topic: Combating the ultimate cybersecurity breach.
- Pierce Brooks, former college athlete and current national field marketing director. Topic: Pivoting in the face of social pressure.
- Jonathan Brown, drummer, writer and fitness trainer. Performance: Rhythm is more than music—it drives communication and connects us.
- Greg Fahy Ph. D., cryobiologist and biogerontologist with a Ph.D. in pharmacology. Topic: Can we opt out of aging? Reversing immunological and epigenetic aging in middle-aged men.
- Mark Goulston M.D., Founder of What Made You Smile Today and author of Just Listen. Topic: Making the world happier, one smile at a time.
- Phil Hendrie, actor, broadcaster and social satirist known for assuming personas of both host and guests on radio talk show. Topic: A journey from self-hate to media star.
- Dr. Donald Prothero Ph. D., Adjunct Professor of Geology, Cal Poly Pomona. Topic: UFOs and aliens—what science says.
- Damien Rider, multiple world-record athlete, author, documentary producer and creator of One Breath Meditation. Topic: The world’s toughest endurance event.
- Baisakhi Saha, author, speaker, dancer and actor. Performance: Reciting the Story of the River with an accompanying dance.
- Aaron Samson, award-winning storyteller, marketer, currently at Facebook. Topic: How to avoid becoming a zombie scroller and passive cell phone user.
- Justyna Sanders, M.D., CEO and Founder of Prescription Lifestyle. Topic: Dieting has nothing to do with true health.
- Lori Schwartz, principal at StoryTech and host of The Tech Cat Show. Topic: The future is hopeful, not dystopian—leveraging storytelling to explain tech.
- Susan Shofer, certified divorce coach, agency-licensed private investigator and author. Topic: Never give up on your child—navigating parental alienation.
- Theresa Stroll, singer, actress and co-creator of My Big Fat Blonde Musical. Performance: singing song from the musical.
For more information about our speakers, performers and volunteer organizers, or to obtain details about the event and sign up for email updates, visit the TEDxResedaBlvd website often.
TEDxResedaBlvd is organized by Desireé Duffy, Founder of Black Château. “On behalf of the entire team of volunteer organizers, we are all honored to present this amazing array of speakers and performers. Many of them have roots in the area or are speaking about a universal theme to drive home the concept of being connected. We’re excited to lift these ideas into the spotlight at TEDxResedaBlvd.”
The event will be emceed by Antonia Gutierrez, a TV creative executive (formerly at Nickelodeon), a writer and a nationally-recognized public speaker through Girl Scouts of the USA. A.G. Billig, author of I Choose Love, serves as the event’s audience energizer.
Sponsors of TEDxResedaBlvd include Books That Make You and The Greater Los Angeles Writers Society.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized and subject to certain rules and regulations.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, often in the form of short talks delivered by leading thinkers and doers. Many of these talks are given at TED conferences, including our annual gathering in Vancouver, as well as TEDWomen, intimate TED Salons and thousands of independently organized TEDx events around the world. Videos of these talks are made available, free, on TED.com and other platforms. Audio versions of the talks from TED2019 will also be published to TED’s podcast TED Talks Daily, available on Apple Podcasts and all other podcast platforms.
TED’s open and free initiatives for spreading ideas include TED.com, where new TED Talk videos are posted daily; TEDx, which licenses thousands of individuals and groups to host local, self-organized TED-style events around the world; theTED Fellows program, which selects innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities; theAudacious Project, which surfaces and funds critical ideas that have the potential to impact millions of lives;TEDSummit, which gathers the most engaged members of the global TED community for brainstorms, discussions, performances, workshops and an eclectic program of mainstage talks; and the educational initiativeTED-Ed. TED also has a library of original podcasts, including The TED Interview with Chris Anderson, Sincerely, X, and one of Apple Podcasts’ most downloaded new shows of 2018, WorkLife with Adam Grant. Follow TED on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TEDTalks, on Facebook athttp://www.facebook.com/TED, on Instagram at https://instagram.com/ted and on Snapchat at tedtalkshq.